Thursday, April 3, 2014

old memories

when I was young I raced in road bike, from 14 to 19 years old.
My first bike was an Edoardo Bianchi: a traditional steel frame with lugs, with the original "celeste Bianchi". It was a special series, the X4, with Columbus tubes and Campy Record group.
It was and old bike, and all my competitors used the shift levers, but I won the first race, so it was special for me! Unluckily I crashed the frame in a winter training, so it went to the junkyard.



The first year of "allievo" category I had a brand new Amelio Bianchi with a Shimano 600 group, an incredible improvement for me!








Second year of Allievo: new team, new bike. This time an aluminium frame, made for a local dealer with his own label, with Easton aero tubes and Ultegra group. I added an AdvancedPro carbon fork and a Look carbon seatpost. That was a good bike, not so heavy, rigid and reactive. I won a lot with her, and at the end of the season I bought, as a mule bike. This is the frame of the "zero", the fixed that I use almost everyday! 








The year after I changed category and team, so I had a new bike. Aluminium frame for the yellow Detto Pietro. Oria tubes, Ultegra group and Ambrosio wheels because it was the technical sponsor.






The second year of Juniores I had a very light aluminium frame, with Easton tubes marked as "Milani". Maybe it was too much light, and I broke two frame in a season, in the same area (the rear stay, near a small bridge close to the bottom bracket)



No comments:

Post a Comment