Friday, March 21, 2014

new frame, same addiction

I bought a far east frame for a few money, with his own carbon fork.
It comes with a soft gold anodizing and with many rough welds.
anyway it seems strong, with a quite tight geometry and not so heavy.
I'm cooperating with a guy, Christian, that builds amazing motorcycles: Plan B Motorcycle, and he use a chemical way to engrave aluminium. The aspect is really particular and we think to use that method even for my new frame, but before I have to prepare for the belt!
Yes, I'm yet addicted to the belt drive, so, after lathing a little the seat of the lower bush, I cut the oblique tube of the rear stay and I put an aluminium hanger with two M5 screws.

Now it's time to weld, then I would like to grind off a little bit the "oriental" welds and engrave.
I'm looking also for spokes, but with high flanges hubs and 88mm's deep rim I need shorts spokes.




The fork had the anti-slippery tips, no good for a fixed bike!








No comments:

Post a Comment