Sunday, April 13, 2014

a pole bike

I've found an old steel frame, lugged, of a city bike. It has a "Falk" tubes but the geometry is really bad, the opposite of narrow tolerances!  Anyway I allready had some parts to convert it as a bike pole: a bike that you don't mind if you scratch  when it's tied to a pole in daily driving. 
Despite everything the frame has something fascinating to me, so I decided to make a custom wood knobs. It wasn't so easy because I'm not able to lathe the wood, and I started from a piece of walnut of my garden. 
A good coating will protect from sweat and sun!
But first of all I've checked the chain alignment both with laser and by measuring the distance of crown and cog to the center of the frame. I used a rear wheel with a Novatec hub. The alignment was good with the original crank, so I decided to keep the "olympia" marked crank. Then I cut and weld the rear dropouts in the reverse side.
I had a new wheelset for another project that  I've used, even if I don't like so much for that kind of frame...




shit happens!

the first check




It's not a track style dropouts that change the geometry of a frame...!







No comments:

Post a Comment